Thursday, January 3, 2008

Beats

Perhaps the reason I've been sort of calm about this pregnancy is due to some form of detachment.

But oh, that delicious, strong heartbeat during today's appointment sent me head over heels. I choked up and it felt so good and so sad. I could actually be growing this baby right. My OB went over my blood test results and all are within normal limits.

I thought that being pg would help me be able to see pg bellies without having a spasm, but I saw one today, being rubbed no less, and had a brief spasm. I do find myself rubbing my belly, but only under the covers and not in public! I am much more conscious now because I want to be sensitive to other moms in mourning.

And related to pg etiquette: if an IRL friend, who was challenged with IF for years, and who had a baby 2 months ago, would she still be affected by news of pg friends? I am thinking I should err on the side of caution and be sensitive to her when I tell her my news, say, in about 5 months. Would love some thoughts on this.

***

Wannabe dad has the dreaded pin.key.e. Good lord. I feel so bad for him, to add insult to injury! He normally kicks a cold in 3 days but this one has him on his knees, shackled. He was able to get an appointment today with another doc who shares my OB's office. Prescription filled, we are ready to tackle this thing. I get the guest room with the portable heater, he gets the cats on the bed.

***

I watched entirely too much tv in the past week.

There's a Jo.hn.so.n & Joh.ns.on commercial with the tagline "Having a b.aby ch.anges everything." Really? How 'bout "Having a de.ad b.aby changes everything." ???

I want to run a PSA about how to be sensitive to parents who have lost a baby. What not to say. How to act. How to act on your offer to help.

And J.on & K.ate + 8? It was hard to watch on so many different levels. She needs to remember that her husband is not one of her 8 kids. But damn, those kids are adorable.

And those greedy bastards on De.al or No D.eal? Please. Take what you can get and get out of there. And how about some hot guys to carry those briefcases? I'm really sick of the breasts.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I am so happy for your delicious beats. But I get the sad. I really do.

And I think I am glad that my TV watching is limited :)