Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Steady

Warning. This is a boring post. You will waste 2 minutes of your life reading it.

Two more appointments down, many more to go. These early appointments are sure scary, I don't know what the ultrasound will show or if the tech will suddenly go silent and leave the room. But so far, so good. We're holding steady at 12w4d, but baby is measuring a week ahead. I hope it means an adjustment in my due date so I get another week "free," as in free of worry.

Mix-up in the location of what type of appointment is done in which office has me traveling another hour in two weeks for a consultation with a perinatalogist on whether or not I need a cerclage. My OB is highly recommending one, but it is up to the peri who will hopefully, thoroughly review my past records prior to our meeting when I'm 15 weeks (which is really cutting it close as the cerclage should be placed between 14-16 weeks).

My favorite foods lately: prunes (really), whole milk yogurt with granola & fruit, plain hot water, potato pancakes (frozen food section at Tra.der Jo.e's), applesauce, pear sauce, cheddar cheese, whole wheat rolls, warm milk, warm rolls with peanut butter, oatmeal, chicken apple sausage. Some mornings I don't know what to eat because I want to eat everything. Last night my dinner was Korean-style meat jun (thin sliced flank steak dipped in egg and pan fried) with potato pancakes & applesauce, and baby bok choy sauteed in sweet chili sauce. I haven't started craving ice cream because it's been cold, but maybe in the spring.

And the dog. Our dog is a whiner. Yes, he's still a "puppy" at 13 months but his whining is really working my last nerve. He's already gone #1. #2, check. Dinner, check. It's completely our fault because he hasn't been walked regularly for a while (I'm ashamed to say how long. I'm a bad doggie mommy.). Sure, we throw the ball up and down the hallway for 30 minutes but it's not the same as a good walk. I refuse to walk him because he pulls, and it's like holding back a car trying to keep him by my side. When wannabe dad gets back to 100% from his cold/virus he will start the walks again. We're truly spoiled Californians: it's too cold outside!!

I have to remember to not bend over and pick up the kittens for a snuggle because they're over 10 lbs each. Moki, the chub chub black kitty, is probably 15 lbs so he's off limits in the picking up department. I love to bury my nose in his big furry neck and give him kisses. He had a drooling episode over the weekend, he would be sleeping then when he woke up he'd leave behind a huge wet spot. Hello kitty, are your lips working? We were worried and checked the internet vet (g.oo.gle) and even risked our lives by opening his mouth to check out his teeth, but all looked ok.

We reminisced this morning about our first few dates, back in May '03. Then we remembered our cat, El.vis (the sweetest brown/dark brown ragdoll, about 8 years old), who passed away in April '06 after only 11 months with us, and how we now have three cats and a dog. I never imagined in my lifetime owning a dog. Never. I also never imagined having more than 1 cat at a time. We had a chance to adopt two siblings a month after Elv.is died, but two cats? Never!

And of course, we never imagined having twins and then not having them. Lots of things in this life we can't imagine, and they happen for better or for worse. We're still here, not imagining, and living with our realities.

I'm hungry.

Oh, we have a nickname for the baby. Chuck. Don't yet know the sex, but it's Chuck.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I like Chuck. It's kinda cute, but not cutesy.

I like prunes all the time. And if you ever make it out to my neck of the woods, I'll make you potato pancakes from scratch. Will even fry them in the deep fryer. Yum!

wannabe mom said...

Julia - I would love to make it to your neck of the woods and have potato pancakes with you and meet your lovely family. Someday.