You know how something keeps you up all night, even though you have a hot husband next to you and three cats warming your feet? You toss and you turn wondering about something that you just can't solve at the moment, because you're supposed to be sleeping, you're covered in four blankets, your hair is bothering the back of your neck, you're slightly congested just because, and your pajamas are hiked up to your knees because of the pillow between your legs that you need to sleep comfortably. Plus, a cat is sleeping on your foot.
Goodness.
So I had a change of heart on my response to the friend. I just sent it, and it read:
Thanks for sharing the pics. Did you receive my Christmas card? I loved your card and I'm glad you guys were able to make it to Hawaii. I'm sure [your daughter] loved it!! Take care.
It wasn't mean, and she's smart enough to read between the lines without me spelling it out for her. I loved that Bon reminded me that I would be making the friend feel better about "my little problem." I decided a long time ago that it's not my job, and I have to remember that. I should not apologize for telling someone my children are dead!
And if this friend doesn't reply, it's just one less stamp that I'll be using at the end of the year.
Have I ever told you (the three of you who read this blog) how much I heart you?
Chuck's food tour: Cereal and milk, spinach artichoke bagel with a slice of swiss (bad gas!), T.ogo's San.ta Fe Chicken Salad, avoiding the beans (more bad gas regardless! must have been the dressing). These items are officially off the tour list. (Is there such a thing as "good gas"?)
Sorry TMI. ;-)
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I hope she does reply, or that it won't hurt too much to decide one less stamp is necessary.
Gas, I've found, is inevitable in your stage of pregnancy.
Take care.
I am not going to own up to the level of gassiness I have been experiencing. I think it gets worse with every pregnancy, at least for me. Next time I might have to wear a smell-proof suit. Or should I do that now?
I hope she replies, and is appropriately contrite.
I liked the response (of course I had to do a little backreading to get the whole story)
I still read your blog too (so 4people haha) sporatically...it's just hard sometimes, you know.
There are so many recently preggers out here in blogland.
I'm glad the pregnancy is going well so far! I really am happy for you!
-J
take care!
well, i'm glad at least i didn't offend you with my freely offered input. :) and i do really hope she responds.
um...good gas? you know, it depends on if i have to sit by you...
no response yet...and really, if i have to save a stamp this year, it wouldn't be that difficult.
missing_one: i completely, completely, completely understand. i am thinking of you, always.
all: the best thing about blogland is that i don't have to face these things, all of these things, alone.
Post a Comment