But first, some tidbits of our stay in Ve.gas: wannabe dad has been sick since Wednesday. It started with sore throat, then body aches, swollen glands. Poor thing. It sucks to be sick, but worse when you're away from home. He got on the phone yesterday with a very bored 24-hour nurse, who read through the questions on her computer, who was told by the computer that he had strep throat and needed to see a doctor, and she looked up some places where he could be seen. A half hour to get there, 3.5 hours later and a prescription for amoxi.cillin to treat his phar.yngitis (not strep but still sucky), and he is in recovery mode. We go home tomorrow, back to our house and cats and dog and sheets and life.
My family is together in Ve.gas for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. My parents loved the scrapbook I put together for them, with notes and pictures from their old friends and old and new family members. We had a nice dinner at Ca.na.letto in the Vene.ti.an hotel, and my mom's friend sent leis from H.aw.aii which my mom and dad wore. They were too cute!! I'm so happy that we were together to celebrate this milestone.
As for a wrap up of 2007, holy hell has it been hell. A year of recovery for sure - navigating my grief, managing my expectations of myself, practicing patience, becoming closer to wannabe dad, isolating myself, reevaluating relationships, remembering and loving the twins. Our recovery will certainly continue in the months and years to come. I have to admit that having all of our animals have really helped channel our emotions into something positive. In the absence of our children, taking care of these abandoned, flea-infested, helpless kitties and a young, active puppy has been the highlight of our year. We've missed them like crazy during this trip, looking at their pictures daily. We are craaaaaazy about them!!
I swear I felt the baby move the other night. Just slightly, right below my ribs. Or maybe it was my intestines, boy have I been gassy lately! Goodness, I have no class especially after a meal. It's just too uncomfortable to hold it in. Despite the stereotypical outward appearance of a nice, polite, asian girl, watch out.
I haven't been the wreck that I expected to be about this pregnancy thus far. I'm so glad about that. Definitely want that to continue and I will be conscious about relaxing and being positive. My belly has popped a bit, at just 11 weeks. I've gained 7 glorious pounds in 3 weeks (this place doesn't help either!). I have an appointment on Thursday and please please please let this baby still be alive.
Wait, that doesn't sound like someone who isn't a wreck?!?!?!
I wanted to wish you all a Hopefully Happy New Year.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
God bless you. I hope you have an uneventful healthy pregnancy and wonderful birth.
Happy New Year! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling positive and relaxed. It's not easy, but hang in there.
Post a Comment