Thursday, March 6, 2008

Three

Dearest Darlingest Husband of Mine:

This is going to sound cruel, but I'm glad that what happened with the ex, happened.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be celebrating 3 years of marriage to the most wonderful man ever. You light my heart, warm my core, and you are everything that a jaded middle aged hottie could ask for in a husband. And you cook and clean, which really ices my cake. You rose tint my world, my love. I don't even mind that you lose things and that your memory is like an etch a sketch. Where's the darn battery charger for the camera? Did you leave it in Vegas?!!

Who would have thought that an innocent hike (since you skipped the first one to Angel Island, so what if it was pouring rain and thundering?) would lead to a *happy life* that's full of love and closeness, agreements and disagreements, tornadoes of dog and cat hair, a missing wedding ring, a sad wine collection and housing market, too much tv and a start-up business -- despite the thousands of big fat tears, a whole lot of sadness dotting our days, and two precious girls who we can't wait to visit each weekend? I am so grateful that you have been in my life so I don't have to go through the darkness alone. The darkness makes the brightness that much brighter, the smiles that much bigger.

Your card is still at the store, so this post will have to do. I would send the cat but I don't think he would come back. I would send the dog but he doesn't have any pockets for his debit card.

I love you, my Sweetness! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for arranging for food to come so we can still have a nice dinner. I love you so much!

XOXOXO

5 comments:

Julia said...

Awwwww...
Happy Anniversary!

P.S. The nosy internet people want to know all the details now. The ex and the hike, in particular.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so sorry it slipped my mind this year. L and I have been sick the last couple weeks (mostly L). I was at the HK hotel this past weekend and thought of you guys. I hope you had a lovely dinner. Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

Hello my darling. Thank you so much for the post. You are and will always be the life of my party. Can't wait to celebrate many many years of happiness, love, joy and hiking in the rain.

Love always,
Wannabe Dad

Monica H said...

I 'm a little jealous of this post, although I'm not quite sure why. I love that we have the same wedding date. How was the weather when you got married (just curious)?

Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm sure to return to yours too.

Happy Anniversary to 2 people who obviously love eachother very much.
I'm sorry for your losses as well.

wannabe mom said...

Julia - I'll hafta email you the details, with permission from hubs of course. The hike details I'll share in a future post.

Amy - HK brings back memories, especially those from after their Sunday brunch. (can you say immodium? :P)

Monica -- To answer your question, the weather was perfect -- 80 degrees and sunny. We got married in Honolulu. We wanted a beach/sunset wedding but my gramma doesn't do well in sand, so we had it in a hotel garden which was still beautiful. :)