Monday, March 3, 2008

Tagged

Having put this off long enough, and finally convincing myself to reveal all these gloriously mundane things about me, I'm responding to being tagged by the thoughtful missing_one.

The rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Be sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.

Here goes nuthin'.

1) I don't eat with my hands outside of my home, and even then, barely. I eat pizza, fried chicken, french fries, and greasy sandwiches with a knife and fork. I can't stand having greasy/foody hands if I can't wash my hands right away. This also explains my disdain for having to knead anything when baking.

2) I was grounded from Easter of my junior year in high school until I graduated from high school. I ended up meeting my first boyfriend at that party that I came home late from, which probably didn't please my parents but certainly gave them fuel for the grounding fire. And he was 5 years older than me. Ouch! I did wind up graduating with honors, so it wasn't all that bad.

3) I can pick up small items off the floor with my toes. Socks, clothing, hair bands, pencils. It's cultural, and I bet a bunch of my cousins can do the same thing. It beats having to bend over (especially now!) or tax my thigh muscles. I can also pinch other people's skin with my toes -- calves, the backs of thighs, the soft underside of an upper arm. Always done with an evil laugh.

4) I can read upside down, silently and aloud. I learned this by sitting across the table from my mom when she would read the newspaper each day. It would irritate her because when she was ready to turn the page, I'd say, "Wait, I'm not done yet!" Now I irritate my husband by doing this. "Would you like your own copy?" he asks.

5) I don't swim. I grew up on an island, but what does that have to do with anything? I have a high level of self-protection.

6) I gave up red meat for 7 years. That ended 10 years ago when a friend sent me home with some shredded kalua pig cooked in an imu. I tore into the zipped baggy during the 45 minute drive home, picking at it with only two fingers that I wiped off on my pants after every bite.


If you're in need of a fun posting activity, you are welcome to do this meme! Good luck!!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Way cool.
I can also pick stuff up with my toes. Although I don't think I have tried pinching. Will have to give it a try. I am sure my husband will be amused. NOT!

Monica H said...

I can pick up stuff with my toes too. I ta makes life so much easier :-)