Friday, November 13, 2009

Awareness


Keenly aware of where we were 3 years ago today, I am grateful that we survived.

It is day 5 of trying to keep the babies in, on strict hospital bedrest, hooked up to IVs, scared, drugged, worried, bleeding a bit, using a bedpan. A sorry sight indeed, yet trying to keep hope alive along with my babies. Seriously? I wouldn't have minded staying like that for 3 more months if it meant taking my babies home.

And three years later, we are still standing. Different from the people we used to be, wishing that we hadn't gone through such a devastating loss, but we did, and we survived.

We made some mistakes along the way (financially, and added on top of the $10k medical bills was doubly idiotic, I wrote a long rambling post about it which even drove me to tears which I won't publish, but suffice to say do not make huge decisions while you are grieving), but stuck together. Lots of change has happened for us in the last three years, let's leave it at that.

Yet we would not have had this adventure if things were different.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Monica H said...

It's amazing what we'll do for our babies.

Good to hear from you.