Sunday, November 22, 2009

Respects

We are on our way to the cemetery.

Stopped for flowers, now stopped for tortillas, what the heck, it's on the way and they're yummy.



We live in a further city now, having sold our home and renting a much smaller home that is closer to my job. No longer of the self employed variety, blame the slow economy for creating all these changes for us.



After much scrubbing of three years' worth of mineral buildup, I got the marker only slightly cleaner. Mind you, I had to decide whose name I was going to work on first, I had to be fair even though they're dead. It was Nadia's because she's the second born, and got to go first this time.

Wannabe dad took the baby and dog for a few rounds throughout the cemetery while I scrubbed.




And scrubbed. I made some progress, I'll continue when we visit them again for Christmas.

Two days from now marks the third anniversary of their deaths. We are emerging, here and there, even though I can barely utter the word "twins" and seeing a set makes me wince. I don't think I'll ever get through that.



LR hanging out with his sisters' heavenly playmates. With cheerios.


- Posted using BlogPress from the cemetery

1 comment:

Monica H said...

I understand what you mean about choosing which one to clean off first. I do the same. You have to spread the love equally as to not play favorites. It's so weird what goes through our minds.

Always room for tortillas.