Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pants

Every Wednesday morning I stumble through my closet for pants. My pickings are slim because you see, the pants should actually fit. They used to prior to pregnancy. Most weeks I've gotten by with black Ba.nana Rep.ublic slacks with a side zipper...zipped halfway. Then I strategically locate a top that's long enough to cover said halfway zipped zipper so I don't run into my business meeting looking half-dressed. And it's been working, and I haven't worn the same thing twice.

But it's only been 5 weeks.

Why don't I just buy some damn pants, you ask? In my newfound normal life brought on by the passing of my dear little girls, I have convinced myself and wannabe dad that we should make less of an environmental impact on this planet by getting on the compact bandwagon (hell, we'll save some money too). While not an original thought, getting people to actually do it is an entirely different thing. And this group of peeps did and still are.

Some of my friends laughed (as in laughed at me), some embraced, some smiled like Jerry smiles at Kramer when he has yet another scheme under his sleeve. While I am the last person to rag on the big GW, where I live there isn't a good Goodwill or a decent consignment store where I can buy anything that would be suitable to wear to a business meeting. I am, however, going to be in San Francisco this weekend (it's our 2 year anniversary!) and will hit every gd Goodwill and Buffalo Exchange to find some damn pants.

Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Wannabe Mom. I am so, so sorry about your girls. I don't want to depress you with the knowledge that there's yet another woman who shares your pain, but I did want to say I just read through your posts and you made me feel less alone. I lost my Natan at around 25 weeks as well. I also can get my old pants mostly on at this point but am uncomfortable in them. I also wish I could fast forward to my next pregnancy, and will be grateful for a cerclage and bedrest. I wish you much peace and good luck! Sara