Monday, February 19, 2007

Curious

Go.ogle has all the answers. This isn't a testimonial by any means, but I have to say that I use it to find everything. At work I use it to find out information on the competition, what the latest and greatest trends are in [insert industry here] (which takes some ingenious keyword searches that are typically outside of my IQ), get the latest about how Anna Nicole died, how to get there from here, get information on something I want to buy, where my name is mentioned in cyberland.

And where to find the parents of the child buried next to my twins.

Flowers for baby boy C showed up a week after we buried our girls. We didn't recognize these flowers since the folks from the funeral home brought all the flowers with them to the cemetery. There was a blue bow which indicated it was for a boy.

Angel watching over our babies

Finally, a month and a half later a temporary name plate appeared with baby boy C's name. I was so saddened that another baby died. I thought of the parents and how they were going through the same grief that we were. They probably felt numb and out of place in this world like we did. Our children died and we were left to pick up the pieces of a life that used to be normal.

So I found out their names. We live in the same town. I know what college the mother went to and that the parents are engaged. Now what? I won't show up on their doorstep. I won't send them a letter to introduce myself and wannabe dad. ("Hi, our children are buried next to each other, wanna hang out?") What I will do is think of them, pray that they can make some sense of this madness, and support each other during this incredibly challenging time in their lives.

It's a good thing I'm not a stalker.

3 comments:

Leilani90 said...

Oh that sweet angel watching over the sweet girls. That just makes me feel so wonderful knowing that there is a sweet wonderful angel guiding them through their life.

Rian said...

First let me say how sorry I am that you lost your little girls.

My first thought to your post was that you should send her a letter. I think it may be good for her and you to know that unfortunately other people go through this horrible experience too. Maybe you two could walk through this together and help each other to heal. It's just a thought.

wannabe mom said...

I thought of that but part of me doesn't want to have her think I'm a stalker but mostly I don't want to force myself into her life. I don't know how I'd feel if I were the one being contacted, probably a tiny bit weirded out...I don't know...