Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tied

Just completed the last dose of indomethacin at 2 am. Woke up due to a weird dream, LR was in the car with me as I was driving to find the address with the number 1500. I kept driving around and around and he was right at my lap, I was trying to hide him since he was obviously not in his car seat-- completely unlike me to do this -- and I could not for the life of me find that address. I pulled over to text my friend but noticed it was too early so typed it and didn't send it. I'm not about to figure out what this dream means.

I did feel a slight gush of discharge, went to check and thankfully it was not blood, and now sitting up in bed it is not happening.

Cerclage was placed today. The procedure itself was about 15 minutes during which I was deep breathing to calm my shivers due to the chill in the OR, and while singing our walking down the aisle song in my head suddenly found myself ugly crying! WTF! I couldn't stop! Doc asked if I was in pain, I said no, meanwhile the pulse oximeter monitor beeping is steadily increasing due to my ugly crying and the hot anesthesiologist asked if I wanted something to calm me down to which I whimpered Yes. I remember having that dull being under feeling last time, but this anesthesiologist did not automatically give it to me. If I by a slim chance have to go through this again, I will ask for it so I can avoid the ugly cry.

Recovery was not swift, with an overly full bladder and my legs feeling thick like logs, there was no emptying that sac. One nurse who wore too much perfume said I had to empty it myself, meaning pee on my own and two hours later the nurse who placed a catheter asked why I didn't ask for a cath earlier.

***

This has been happening frequently in the last three months; the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and I'm left feeling like the asshole. This is teaching me more and more to stop waiting for shit to happen and to be in charge of my own shit. I hate being so damned passive and agreeable.

Back up to Big Fuck Up: perinatologist saw my referral form with the check mark for peri counseling four days prior to when her medical assistants scrambled to book my cerclage appointment. Said the OBs office should have faxed the form to them. I had the form for over a month.

The medical assistant was giving me hell: "you had this form for a month?"

When I was booking the appointment with the peri office I mentioned that checkmark, to which the person said "oh that's later." Now I know she was referring to the genetic counseling.

***

Finally the anesthesia wore off and six hours after the surgery ended I did my thing. Got another dose of the antibiotic and we were on our way home. Took a nap. Had dinner. Didn't give LR a bath (sad Mama), Papa
did instead. Will pick that up again in a few days and stop at 18-28 weeks.

I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the pregnancy, not strict bedrest this time like with LR, but definitely no housework, no carrying LR (love doing that!), no exercise. Just lots of resting and relaxing. My leave from work started yesterday.

As of today I am 13 weeks 4 days along. Belly is definitely showing. Lots of peeing and gas. Onions and spicy food do not agree with me. Had a slight cold at around 10 weeks, no fever.

I'm sure hubby thought the anesthesiologist was hot too.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, this is big news-- exciting and scary and everything else. I am so happy for you.

(I just came back to blogging myself and have been going through my reader, and so just saw this pop up today.)

Wishing you the rest of the pregnancy that is as boring and unremarkable as possible, except in a good sense, of course. :)

Noelle said...

Hi there! Just wanted you to know that I'm still out here listening and sending happy thoughts. :-)

Happy to know things are going mostly ok, despite hospital lame-ness. I have horror stories about that too. You have to be bossy and obnoxious and ask for every single thing that you need or want.

Stay strong, love. You're doing great!