We are leaving for the hospital shortly, after wannabe dad gets the laptop from the office. We will probably work while contracting. :) Ahh this business owner business.
The contractions are not at all regular, but I can feel them - in the 9 o'clock hour they came at 9:07, 9:33, 9:50. After that, 10:30, 10:50. Instructions were to go to the hospital if I start feeling them. Water has not broken.
We took Kaleo for a short walk this morning. I haven't done that in ages.
We'll stop by to see the girls then go to the hospital. I suggested that when we are released, we take baby to see his big sisters. Wouldn't that be a great announcement picture, him with their grave marker? (That's my deadbabymama humor showing.)
Speaking of which, if you sent out announcements for your sub baby, did you take into account your lost baby? I remember seeing this on the CLIMB website and I definitely want to include our daughters' names on their baby brother's announcement.
I hope there's internet access at the hospital, otherwise my dear friend Amy will keep you updated.
Please pray for his safe arrival. Thanks so much for all of your support. XOXO
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
WOO!
Can't wait for updates!
*sending prayers to you all*
Sending strength and love your way. I am thrilled for you. I can't wait to read about your new son!
And yes, I would put my sons name son the birth announcement. Without them any other children would not exist.
Woohoo! So excited for you.
Best of luck!
Our sub announcement read "The birth of our child reaffirms the miracle of life, xx and xx joyfully announce the birth of a son". The first sentence was a tribute to our journey (which like yours included loosing twin girls) but we decided not to mention them by name on the announcement, mainly because I rambled on about them incessantly as it was. Everyone reading the announcement knew what we went through to get him. Now several years later, I look at my missing daughters as my children instead of just my tragedy, but at the time I just wanted my son to have one moment, even if just on paper, that wasn't over-shadowed by his sisters' deaths. But I am alone in this, it seems everyone else I've met have mention their lost baby(ies) on the announcement.
Best to you.
i know you're back home - or at least were - but i'm still checking eagerly and hopefully.
our birth announcement for O called him "brother to Finn, who is remembered with love." this time around, we hope to write "sister to Oscar and to Finn, who is remembered with love." or something.
Sorry it was only indigestion but looking forward to reading about your new arrival soon!
We did include Syd.ney in the birth announcements. I can't recall the exact wording though. I think it's a wonderful idea. We also stopped at the cemetery with each baby on the way home. With Nathan.iel (our first baby after Syd.ney) we had something made that said "Nathan.iel's Big Sister". For Ad.am and Gr.ace, we bought balloons that said It's a Boy or It's a Girl.
thanks moms, for sharing about the announcements for your children. i'm always conscious of ways for other people to remember our girls, somehow i feel the need to educate people to not sweep the memories of dead babies under the rug.
to s - i completely understand also, leaving your daughters' names off the announcement. your phrasing said it all. beautiful.
Post a Comment