Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Running

Since about 5 p.m. yesterday, that's what I've been doing.

Only it's been to the bathroom.

Let's just say it's not for #1 or #2, but #3. Seems I've caught some type of bug! What did I eat yesterday? Recall: breakfast - 2 dinner rolls with scrambled egg & steak (leftover from the party - yum!); snack - a handful of raw broccoli and raw snow peas (also leftover from the veggie tray), 2 dinner rolls with apricot jam; lunch - 2 dinner rolls with more steak (ok, that's too many dinner rolls), and a spoonful of cheesecake (more leftover, I suspect it's the cheesecake that arrived at our house on Saturday around 6 p.m. and got put away around 11 p.m.); dinner - skipped; snack: bowl of whole grain Cheerios my new favorite cereal.

Wannabe dad ate the same thing I did except for the broccoli and the cheesecake.

Either it's spoiled food, and thankfully I'm not throwing up, or labor is pending.

Any bouts of diarrhea that hit you before going into labor? How far in advance? How often? I've consulted g.oogle and people's experiences are pretty much all over the place. I want to be able to tell if it's a bug or if I need to start packing. Serious advice needed. Gotta run.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had number 3 with both my girls. I had my youngest the next couple days after that. I can't remember with the oldest. I bet it was the broccoli though, maybe not washed throughly or someone else touched it.

missing_one said...

I've heard of this happening, but haven't experienced it with mine.

I think birdie's mama mentioned something about this. maybe you could email her, or maybe she'll see this.

best wishes!

Bon said...

hmmm...i have a touch of, erm, #3 myself and am suddenly even more anxious than i was before...

though i suspect it's the slightly undercooked banana bread. i'm teaching myself to bake, whilst lying down. it's a trick.

in your case, i think you're relatively safe if it is labour, but still wishing you plenty of time to pack and rest up for the big event. keep us posted and hope you feel less tied to your toilet soon. ;)

Two Hands said...

Do you feel wretched? Whenever my husband has food poisoning it is almost always accompanied by a feeling of nausea and general malaise. But given that your body is (as I see it) hypersensitive to bacteria laden food (I know, I sprayed the bathroom at a restaurant less than 5 mins after eating undercooked eggs when I was pg), it could be the beginnings of something. I'm catching some of your excitement just over the internet, it's coming...maybe not right now, but it is definitely coming and SOON.

wannabe mom said...

thanks for chiming in, all!

two hands: oddly enough i didn't feel wretched, just had stomach cramps while doing the deed, but no stomach churning/turning before going. no nausea. during the stomach cramping i've checked my belly for hardness, if it was also a contraction, but it was soft. thankfully there hasn't been much action today, but i'm sticking to a bland diet until we have a #2.

leah: could be the broccoli, i should have stayed away from it b/c there were flies around that veggie tray...

bon: bedrest banana bread baking! sounds like a new cookbook idea in the making.

missing_one: thanks for the thoughts, i'll check with birdie's mama.

Monica H said...

Ooh, making banana on bedrest- now that takes talent. I am impressed Bon! I'll have to give it a try when I finally get there. If you have any tips, I'm all ears :-)


If I were you, I'd get a bag packed and make it QUIK! Either way, you'll be prepared. But for now, I hope your #3 lessens and you feel more like your self. And I do have to admit, I am impressed that you just admitted to the world that you ate 6 dinner rolls! Don't be ashamed either :-)