Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lingering

My little visitor is still here. It's not the watery, shoot out of your buttcrack, splash all over the back of the toilet kind, but it's accompanied by stomach cramps and definitely not the awesome normal #2 I've enjoyed for most of my life. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss you, #2.

I attempted chicken soup the other night, eating it over a three-hour period (it was extremely hot soup and I thought I would take the greasiness, which I read can irritate an already upset belly, one small portion at a time) which was met with dismay the next morning. So far the only agreeable item is white bread/dinner rolls with jam, which I'm getting sick of. The strangest thing about this bug is that I don't feel worn down and I don't have a fever or nausea. In fact my energy level is steady; we were at the office until midnight on Thursday. 

On top of all this, one of my fave actors Mike Myers just released Love Guru, which is The Worst Movie Ever. We met up with some friends for dinner and that awful movie last night, which we ended up walking out of and demanding our dollars back. Ok, demanding is harsh, the nice cashier handed it over like she was waiting for someone to walk out. It was really just plain fucking horrific, and I feel disgusted for even watching a minute of it. I am so mad at him. Admittedly, my favorite movie is So I Married an Axe Murderer, so I was expecting at least some good humor from this flick. Blah.

And for some good news today, it's the last day of that 17p shot! Woo hoo! Typically it would go to 36 weeks but since I'm getting the cerclage out on Thursday, my doc said it doesn't make sense to get the stitch out then get the shot in two days. Her opinion, other docs might feel differently. I've grown to really like the nurse that visits me, and I'll sure miss her and our talks about doggies.

The last TMI tidbit for this post -- we attempted The Sex this morning. Now that was a comedy. It's been so damn long that I'm pretty much now a virgin down there, it was sore and there was barely any penetration! The cats were out of the room, the dog was nowhere nearby, but it didn't quite work out to be the marathon that we imagined. Besides, I got a stomach cramp and really had to go. Perhaps we try again in a few days. At least we laughed a lot. :)

3 comments:

Two Hands said...

I can top The Love Guru for worst pre-birth movies. My Mother, just before I was born (the night before incidentally) went to the theatre and saw this bit of trash called 'A Boy and his Dog' featuring cannabalism among other things. I was kind of horrified...
I'm sorry to hear about your continuing problems with #3.
I always get the stinkeye from my old man when I talk about The Sex with other people, but sometimes it is just so darn funny....

Monica H said...

Now that I think of it, I had #3 all through out my pregnancy. It didn't really matter what I ate. I never threw up though, so maybe this was just my kind of morning sickness???

Sorry THE SEX wasn't better. At least you got a good laugh.

Sara said...

I know that kind of laughing. Hey, it's intimacy one way or the other.