Friday, April 18, 2008

Outside

It seems all of our neighbors got together to oil up their lawnmowers and have a field day today. In our quiet little suburb the whirring vibrating sounds of gas lawnmowers and leaf blowers are disturbing my normally silent day, the smell of man machine exhaust floats through my house, added to the whining of the dog because his toys are outside and he's inside and he wants to be outside plus there's too much pretty grass out there that he needs to roll around in and those holes that he started digging and nosing earlier in the week are too shallow to just leave alone.

There's a plane overhead.

The yard will most definitely go to the crapper this summer. We have someone come and mow and do some light trimming but the big stuff like checking the irrigation and planting and bug control is usually done by me. This year there will be no tomatoes coming from my garden, just the resilient overgrown rosemary, green onions, two kinds of oregano, and maybe strawberries if the slugs don't get them first. Need to ask the garden guy how much he'll charge to be me.

The pink roses I planted for wannabe dad's bday last year are growing nicely. I bought a pot of beautiful red roses at that time but was too lazy to get them in the ground. Ugh. Add that to the list.

We had the foresight to clean out the garage last December. At least that's not on my list, but all the crap stored in boxes that I will never use again is.

Just some ramblings on a finally Friday. Tomorrow I get my 17p shot. Yay. Now for some ice cream.

2 comments:

Beruriah said...

Mmmm, ice cream. I love the sounds of spring.

Julia said...

Hate the smell of exhaust. Mowed grass, on the other hand, is the smell I enjoy.
I need someone who will pretend to be you at my house. I am SOOOOO not a gardener, but would certainly love someone with a clue to help us at least set up what should be where.