Never flexible enough to win that game, and now I'm hanging in it with one cheek on the bed, one cheek off. And you bedresters know that both cheeks on the bed, day in, day out, night in, night out (to quote the suga.rcube.s) leads to numbness, soreness, and general irritability.
Word from my OB, after a lengthy discussion with a peri #3, who did not know my history, is that generally a cerclaged woman at my early stage need not be on bedrest all of the time. Ultrasounds at 4-week intervals until 24 or so weeks, then every other week, should catch any funneling that Miss Thing decides to do, at which time it could funnel down to the stitch then I'll be on strict bedrest. The cerclage was placed "nice and high", so high that when my OB wanted to look at it (is it a circus act?), that damn speculum went nice and high too, it could have poked my throat. Shit, that was painful. I was told the band was blue.
To keep from getting that far, I am erring on the side of caution, still working from the bed (and not my sleep on at night bed), staying home, no grocery shopping, no housework, no running (I used to do this a lot, before the twins). I do get up for water, snacks, bathroom. It hasn't been hell so far, as I have enough work to keep me busy. Lots of bookkeeping, project estimating, market research, copywriting, strategizing, marketing for our business and our clients.
I might even dig up some of my oldy moldy stationery (I used to buy the stuff and never use it b/c it was too pretty, then email was invented) and write to some long lost friends.
So I'm holding off on buying any cute maternity clothes. I'm not that big anyway right now.
I've been craving Indian food for the last few days. A month ago it was Korean. My relatives are coming this weekend so I'll do with Filipino food, which I do love.
The nurse called and she is coming on Saturday to give me the first of my 17alphahydroxyprogesterone injections, once weekly till 34 or 36 weeks. Fun for my bun.
I have a question for you four readers: ultrasound has found Chuck's heartbeat way low on my abdomen, near my scar, but my belly is pouching (that's the only way I can describe it) higher. I can't compare this to the twins, since they were pretty much everywhere.
Chuck's food tour: 1 block of firm tofu, topped with a can of tuna, 1 T. of olive oil, 2 t. of soy sauce, and furikake sprinkled all over. Holy fish burps yummmmmmy!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You sound like you're doing pretty well, all things considered. Hang in there.
Not to worry; your external scar and your internal ones aren't in the same place.
Tell wannabe dad that this CNM says that frequent back rubs, including the backside, are essential for your baby's wellbeing. That should help the lying about and the soreness from injections at least a little!
It sounds like so far you are handling this with good humor and excellent preparation. I hope things keep this way for you, and the funneling is controlled by the progesterone shots. Hope, hope, hope.
Post a Comment