We visited the girls yesterday, wiped the marker and emptied the flower container of stagnant water. It was such a beautiful day, sunny and in the high 60s, we brought lounge chairs and Kaleo, although he was more interested in sniffing the grass than having a peaceful moment. We couldn't stay long because the nurse was on her way over to our house.
A shot of 17p in the ass, not as bad as I thought. We're fortunate on several levels.
I - nurse home visit, which means no 1 hour weekly drive. We just have to fit in her schedule, which is easy because we have zero plans for the next 6 months and she lives 10 minutes away.
II - nurse home visit, which means wannabe dad doesn't have to learn the many steps in giving me a shot in the ass. Kudos to partners who have to do that.
III - nurse home visit, which means I don't have to bug my OB's office to give me the shot, although they would be more than happy to do it.
IV - nurse home visit, and she has a doppler, so at least I can listen to Chuck if I can't see baby on the ultrasound. She's also an L&D nurse (antepartum side) and very personable.
The shot itself didn't hurt, just a pinprick, although I feel some tenderness similar to a bruise near the injection area. No visible bruising, and I was comfortable for the rest of the evening. We switch buns next week.
Tomorrow is the follow-up to the cerclage surgery appointment at the peri-go-round. I plan to decline the cerclage viewing, because if it is nice and comfortable it need not be disturbed. How about an ultrasound viewing instead?
My darling cousins were over yesterday for food and cards, and they are awesome. Although they are too young (ages 16, 19, 21, 24, 26, 27) to have any connection with what we are going through, they are a nice distraction and we laughed a lot. One aunt, the mother of three of the cousins, was a little too excited for my liking, happily squealing the C word then counting back the months and family events and wondering how we kept it to ourselves for so long. We explained that this pregnancy is still a bit scary for us, and she asked why, because we were past the point of when miscarriages could possibly happen. We further explained that after our experience anything is possible, especially the bad things, and until the baby is born (and for sure the next 18 years afterward), we will worry. It was tiring, and we managed to change the subject to her upcoming trip to the H.oly La.nd. We do love this aunt very much, but she is very inquisitive and is not shy about it.
My contribution to the food fest yesterday, as little standing as I allow myself, was a quick and easy cookie recipe.
Cake Mix Cookies (or "Cookies With a Cerclage" - ha!)
1 box chocolate cake mix (or use whatever ya got)
2 eggs
1 stick melted butter
1/2 bag chocolate chips (the cake mix is sweet enough)
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Mix first three ingredients, then add chips and nuts. Drop by half tablespoons (so you don't feel guilty about eating too large a cookie!) onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Super easy, minimal standing, and a sure hit.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
The cookies sound yummy, although I am sure my blood sugar would do a crazy dance just at a whiff of the things.
I am glad the shot went well, and the nurse is nice-- it's good to have someone you like if you are going to be seeing her for a while (hopefully).
Post a Comment