Like a school semester, I am done with bedrest. Only I remember a semester being 15 weeks, and bedrest was 34 weeks minus 13 equals 21 weeks. I had grand plans for bedrest: learn a new language; learn to play the guitar; pick up yoga again (not); learn a new a hobby. I did the last one, thanks to YouTube. I learned to crochet!
This is a big deal. Crochet seemed to be the only thing that would relax me, that I could do for hours on end, that didn't make me tired, and I could catch up on tv shows (distracting) or listen to music (easier). I spent the whole summer making fingerless gloves for my girlfriends, scarves, hats, coasters, washcloths, neck warmers, and a bunch of granny square coasters for my baby shower that my two awesome friends hosted.
I'm still very much a beginner, and I can't decipher crochet patterns worth a damn. This is so much fun, and my son has learned the difference between knitting (2 sticks) and crocheting (1 stick), and he knows that Mama crochets. Funny: my husband bought me a knitting magazine (mistake) for my birthday, and every chance he gets, he gives it to our son to "give to Mama." I grin and roll my eyes every time but tell him thank you and give him a big hug and kiss.
Unfortunately, being on bedrest has again made me a hermit. I have a bunch of cousins in the area, but the only one who is close to my age we don't have much in common except for having kids and moms who are sisters. Maybe a part of us won't open up for whatever reason. My other friends live an hour or more away, and they have kids of their own. I've tried mom's groups but didn't connect with anyone. Granted I didn't give it enough time, but I didn't have much in common with 20-somethings who did not have the unfortunate experience of losing a child.
Excuses, excuses. As I get older it is harder to make friends, so extra effort is needed. I get it.
Other things of note: I am 35 weeks tomorrow! Only two more progesterone
shots! Cerclage removal on the 26th, at 36 weeks 1 day! We are looking
at 12/18 for the planned c-section! I am excited for her arrival but not
looking forward to being sleepless for the next year!
All this blogging is keeping me from finishing my crochet project. I don't have much time before baby girl arrives so I need my fingers to fly! Woo-hoooo!!
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment