Not for lack of desire, but I'm a bad blogger. I actually compose lots of stuff all the time, but the posts are in my head and I just can't make myself type them out on my phone. Access to a laptop is spotty, and I'm just lazy at the moments. Many moments.
Happy to report that I am still pregnant! This is a tremendous accomplishment for a deadbabymama; each passing day/week is a milestone no matter how "good" things look. I'm under regular care of a perinatologist and OB, which is unlike my last pregnancy with LR when I was mainly seen by my OB (also because the perinatologists were not geographically accessible). Wannabe dad administers the majority of my progesterone shots unless I have a Thursday appointment and I bring the shot with me. B-H contractions are definitely present, but no more than 4 an hour.
The other week I splurged by eating oysters, and I blame them for indigestion which I feared was cramping. Three hours worth of worrying, and I monitored the B-H contractions which did not increase. It was definitely strange and I mentioned it to the physician's assistant at my OB appointment. She wanted to check my cervix, but I declined since it measured awesomely and closed just a few days before. The less people in my cooter, the better.
Other things of note: LR turned 4 and we finally got serious about potty training him. He had been sitting on the toilet every night for a year and a half but refused to do it outside of that. Pee and poop in the toilet were few and far between. The pediatrician wasn't worried, just told us to take our time. Then wannabe dad spent 3 days doing potty training boot camp (in the garage, with toys and a little potty and an alarm clock to go every hour) and the little guy did great!! It's been a month and he's had very few accidents. He has sticker charts which increase in boxes for stickers, and when he completes a chart he gets a surprise. He wears pull-ups at night, but outside of feeling ill one night, is dry in the morning. We are overjoyed with his progress (and ours), and I'll be even more overjoyed when I don't have to spend another dime on a package of pull-ups!
More: I had a birthday! I had a great day. A spa day followed by steak and lobster for dinner. I have the best husband who made a delicious breakfast complete with pumpkin pancakes, and LR picked out flowers for me.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment