But first, Kaleo had to run run run so a quick stop at a nearby park.
And a quick stop at a drive thru coffee shop.
Finally the McD's drive thru, but it was 10:44 and breakfast ended at 10:30. Scary chicken sandwiches were reluctantly ordered since it was too late to back out of the drive thru.
We haven't been to the cemetery in over a month. It felt good to be there again, to wipe down the marker and clean around it as we had done every week since the burial. We kissed our hands and touched the rough engraving of their feet as we tenderly rubbed each set of footprints. It still feels weird to read their names in the hard stone, coupled with our last names. How could this happen to us?
Wannabe dad made me the best card -- homemade, with scraps from the box o' assorted stationery paper that I've accumulated over many years. It was so cute! I recognized each piece he used in the card. (Somewhere in that box, a long-ago purchased greeting card is missing its envelope...)
All in all, it was dare I say a good day. I'm making dinner while wannabe dad is at work (it's a quarter to 8, being your own boss bites sometimes). At least we're at home and safe from the commercialization of this day.
Wishing all the Mommies of children gone too soon, a day of peace and lots of love.


1 comment:
This made me smile. I am glad you were able to make the day your own. Hope the dinner was yummy. :)
Post a Comment