Two more days of driving that drive. Four more times of driving that road to my other job, which has been part time since March, which I've been since '00. So begins the next chapter of our lives as business owners and continuing the journey as wannabe parents. Many have traveled this road before us. I mentioned to wannabe dad that maybe we should hold off the wannabe part for 6 months. I thought it after we spent all weekend moving into our new office, then brought it up to him. And this is why I love him: he said that the timing is never going to be good, if it were 6 months from now we would say we should have started earlier. Hell, we started a year ago and a year before that. Which brings me to my next point.
My trusty OB. Such sage advice that woman had for me. I even brought my Chart of Temperatures. My carefully marked Chart of Menstrual Periods. My Super Duper Chart of When We Did It. I took her back to my first cycle after the babies were born and pointed out my Irregular Cycles. Even the 60-Day Cycle and the Spotting In-Between. She very easily counted back 14 days from the start of the next cycle for each month's chart that I showed her. She used Hearts on her chart, I use Happy Faces. She said she wasn't seeing enough Happy Faces. She wanted to see more Happy Faces. She wanted to see four Happy Faces in four days. Holy crap, I thought, we're Moving Out of our home office this weekend and for the next week and when are we going to squeeze in Happy Faces and I am Quitting My Job and starting a "new" one and we need to Get More Clients and we have to Walk the Dog twice a day and I have to Neuter the Kittens and Relocate a Plant in the backyard to Make a Poo Spot for Kaleo because our lawn is going to the shits and Wash the Car and Hook Up the DSL. She wants me to come back in 6 months if there is no bun in this oven.
***
The annual Walk to Remember is being held in my area on Thursday, October 11. If you live in the East Bay, CA or thereabouts and would like more information, please email me (look for it on the right side of the page). I would be happy to forward the info to you, and even meet you (as in, meet you, for the first time, in person) there. I've never been to it. I am looking forward to it. You can even bring a 7"x7" square (with 1/2" seam allowance) for a quilt that they make each year.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Holy crap, I thought, we're Moving Out of our home office this weekend and for the next week and when are we going to squeeze in Happy Faces and I am Quitting My Job and starting a "new" one and we need to Get More Clients and we have to Walk the Dog twice a day and I have to Neuter the Kittens and Relocate a Plant in the backyard to Make a Poo Spot for Kaleo because our lawn is going to the shits and Wash the Car and Hook Up the DSL.
Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this, because I probably would have choked. It's hilarious and oh so true.
Post a Comment