My job as a product manager requires me to do competitive retail shopping. This means going to the mall / retail stores to investigate cool products out there that we may want to benchmark in order to create a new product. So I went to the mall with two other co-workers for a few hours today.
Bad idea. Baaaad.
Malls are where new moms hang out. They nurse in the Nordstrom lounge. They enter your field of vision with a chubby baby before you can do anything about it. They walk together and it's stroller derby. The restrooms are near the baby clothes stores or departments. Smart for the new mom, bad for the mom in mourning. I feel especially bad, because I have no living children. I feel really beat up right now.
This is why I am hermitorious. I will stick to competitive shopping online.
And today marks the 6 month anniversary of our daughters' deaths.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Six months was a really hard time for me. I remember I had gotten to where I was feeling a little bit better, and then the six month mark knocked me back down. I don't know why, but I have heard other mother's express a similar response to that particular milestone.
I am so sorry you had such a hard experience at the mall. And I am sorry for how sad you are feeling right now.
It seems like the sadness can attack you when you least expect it. How awful to have to see so many moms and babies.
It's a little more than 6 months since my twins' deaths and sometimes I am still surprised by the sudden sharpness of my pain.
First, I just want to say Happy Angelversary to your little girls. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
DH and I hit the six month mark two weeks ago. It hit really hard, in fact, I'm just now starting to feel better again. The six month mark really hurts, b/c you can't help but think of all the missed milestones. For me personally, spring makes it even harder, b/c of what it represents, and all the things I'd imagined doing with our little ones this time of year (going to the parks, gardens, playgrounds, tc). The six month mark has been an extended deep 'sigh language' experience, if I may borrow your phrase. I feel your pain and I'm so sorry. It will get better, I promise. Do whatever you have to do to feel better, and stay away from the malls! The way your described it sounded like a torture you definitely don't need. Take care.
Kalani's Mom
Again I don't know how to say I am sorry about the pain and the loss that you are experiencing. Please know that I think about Cerina and Nadia every day and I think of you and Richie as well. I know it truly sucks running into all of these moms with their babies. I know this from my own experiences. Sometimes I would break down crying. I love you honey.
"The restrooms are near the baby clothes stores or departments"
I freakin' hate that. And it seems I always have to go to the bathroom when I'm shopping then the tiny blue clothes on the racks pull me in and I get pissed and sad because I can't buy them. But just FYI, they usually have bathrooms in the mens departments too.
Post a Comment