Middle of the night ramblings at 37 weeks along...
The ability to sleep is gone.
I was eyeing the bottle of melatonin at the drugstore today.
The tree lighting at the park was well attended despite the on and off rain.
My aunt V died today. Her husband died in June, so my cousins lost both parents. Very sad especially so near the holidays.
I hope our baby isn't next.
Hubby and I had a brief baby moon in Half Moon Bay. We stayed at a 110 year old inn in a newly remodeled room, listening to the rain, feeling the wind shake the building, and getting reacquainted with each other. Wink wink.
Cerclage removal went well last Monday. If you've never had the pleasure of getting a cerclage placed, much less removed, let me just say that removal hurts like a motherfucker. No anesthesia. The most gigantic speculum is used first, then a whole lot of digging ensues while the doc talks herself through it: "the key is exposure [of the stitch]...". If you're lucky like me, your doc can remove both stitches at once. Otherwise, brace yourself for more digging. The pain is intense for literally a few seconds, then it's over.
Doc checked my cervix immediately afterward and I was 2 cm dialated.
After the appointment I treated myself to an entire huge blueberry croissant, dammit.
My belly looks like a watermelon on its side.
I can't get a comfortable sleeping position despite numerous strategically placed pillows. I'm trying a reclining position now.
Going out clothes involves at least one pair of sweats. Dressed up with knee boots. Hot!
I wish I could crochet in the dark. LR sleeps with me and he probably wouldn't wake up. Tonight he woke himself up to go potty. Not without tears, being so tired, but he was a trooper. Gave him lots of hugs and praise. I love my boy so much!
Have to mention that my perinatologist was awesome. Is awesome. I don't need to see her anymore, her part is done. Her staff was great, she herself was so positive and upbeat.
My OB is great too, although I've only seen him three times. The other appointments have been with the physician assistant. Did I mention that he offered to tie my tubes after the c-section? God forbid something should happen to our kids and I tie my tubes. Given our family history I'll keep my tubes untied thankyouverymuch.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment