Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Neglect


It was inevitable, that. All my frying pans are full of big fish and unfortunately my updates have been so scarce. 

Hives, still active. I suspect I'm allergic to sleep, because at night I'll sleep and wake up with hives. One night I didn't get to bed till 2 a.m. and was hive-free. Then I slept, and 2 hours later, hives. My mom thought it was the new free & clear laundry detergent we switched to, so one night I slept in previously washed sheets and clothes. The result? Hives. I suspected once, many nights ago, that I was getting overheated while sleeping, as the hives appeared on the side I was sleeping on and I woke up hot and itchy, so skimpy clothing was on the menu. The result? Minimal hives. Then another night, skimpy with full-blown hives. I did a g.oogle search and someone mentioned their hives possibly being triggered by oxytocin from breastfeeding. Possible? Doesn't matter, I won't stop nursing. I told my OB about the hives and she referred me to a dermatologist. I haven't gone, don't want to, don't need a prescription for a topical cream good lord what sleep deprived person will even figure out what to do with it and forget to wash her hands and the baby ends up getting sick from it?

Baby is doing well. Getting heavier, that boy. My wrists are taxed. My months on bedrest did a number on my physical strength, I'm bothered about that because I've always been active and strong like ox. I spend hours looking at him, I pick him up with every cry and gurgle and coo. He spends evenings napping on his Papa's chest (Papa is Dad, not grandpa), which his Papa looks forward to all the time. We go for walks some nights (morning walks are SO out of the question). My mom being here has saved my sanity, I should tell her that more often. Once a week she does the night feedings and I get up to pump. Wannabe dad does the morning feeding between 6-8. I am lucky.

My believer needs fixing because I can't believe he's finally here.

4 comments:

Monica H said...

What a cutie! He has so much hair :-)

Sorry about the hives- that's no fun. Hope they get better.

Two Hands said...

He's so beautiful.
That sucks about the hives though. I hope they give up soon and go back to the hideous pit they came from.

Anonymous said...

He really is truly beautiful! Congrats!

Julia said...

Catching up on my reader here. Just had to say-- he is a cutie. An absolute cutie.