
Wannabe dad scoured a 20 mile radius area for my favorite, lemon cake. Alas, nothing, save for a lemon-frosted vanilla cake. He also managed to drum up a piano, and snuck it in the house while we were still at lunch.

It was a happy time, and when I look at the pictures from my birthday last year I am amazed at how my face has changed. Others may not see it, but I definitely do. Even if I am laughing like crazy the sadness is there, just below the surface.
Happy somber birthday to me. I was actually relieved to shed some tears this morning as I read through the cards from wannabe dad, the fur family, and the girls. It's been a while for these eyes.


5 comments:
Happy belated somber birthday to you. May the next one be happier.
What Julia said.
And I hope those happier times come sooner.
Tears can be a relief. I actually hope to find some of my own in the month ahead leading up to Molly and Joseph's 4th birthday. They are getting harder and harder to come by, even when they feel as though they are so close to the surface.
Happy birthday. And I do hope that next year's birthday is much more sweet than bitter.
Happy birthday. I hope for happier birthdays for you in the future.
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I've been lurking on your blog for a while as well.
Happy belated birthday to you. I'm sorry it was such a somber day.
Post a Comment